Interested candidates please review the opportunity description below, and apply online through the link below, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org along with a latest copy of your resume.
TypeFull Time, Contract
Agency NameUS Navy
LocationSoutheast Regional Maintenance Center (SERMC) - US Naval Station, Mayport, FL
Scope of Work
The Accounting Clerk will provide Financial Services support to SERMC’s Finance Department, supporting the Finance department to facilitate the mission while simultaneously providing overhead support and customer service.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify and analyze problems; weigh relevance and accuracy of information; generate and evaluate alternative solutions; make recommendations.
- Verify availability of funds to cover commitments and obligations.
- Review suspended transactions and error reports; take appropriate action to resolve.
- Review contract modifications to ensure the accuracy of financial data.
- Update and maintain ship repair ledgers to ensure accurate funds balances.
- Update and maintain budget ledgers to ensure accurate funds balances.
- Review official accounting system to ensure obligations are posted accurately.
- Analyze obligations and expenditures in the official accounting system.
- Review incoming financial documents from outside activities for accuracy and recommend acceptance or rejection of funds.
- Research and review vendor invoices prior to acceptance and certification by Government personnel.
- Assist with management and oversight of inbound reimbursable funding.
- Assist with financial reviews and reporting requirements such as tri-annual (OVR) and monthly execution reporting.
Qualifications Required for the Position
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years experience in financial analysis or financial operations (budget, funding, invoice review and certification, accounting.
- Must possess functional knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook Programs.
- Must be able to work independently and recommend process efficiencies.
- Minimum H.S. Diploma (Bachelor's degree preferred).
- U.S. Citizenship
- Security Clearance
Security Clearance / Background Check required. Your candidacy is subject to customer approval and acceptance.
CSSI EEO Policy
CSSI is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment and promotion decisions at CSSI are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. CSSI’s hiring and employment practices are not influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, ancestry, ethnicity, physical or mental handicap / disability which is unrelated to job performance, sexual orientation or any other characteristic / classification protected by law. CSSI encourages qualified women, minority, disabled, Vietnam Era Veteran, Special Disabled Veterans, Newly Separated Veterans, Protected Veterans, American Indians or Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander candidates to explore employment opportunities with CSSI.